2/17/10

Hand Sanitizer

1/4 cup aloe vera gel
1/4 cup grain alcohol
10 drops fragrance oil (opt)
1 drop food coloring (opt)

Combine ingredients and shake well. Store in a spray pump bottle to use.

Personal Note: I just put it in a pump bottle and pocket sized bottles I already had from purchasing hand sanitizer. I wasn't sure what grain alcohol was, so did it with both isopropyl and ethyl acohols (both about $1 just about anywhere). They each have a different scent. I also had a few different kinds of aloe gels at home (I burn easily), so tried to mix the aloes and alcohols that had the most complimentary scents. I did not use fragrance or coloring. Most aloe gels already are colored, and artificial coloring is not good for you anyway, and most sanitizers purchased at the store smell like alcohol anyway. I liked the homemade one because it seemed that the aloe concentration was higher and my hands felt more hydrated rather than dried out by the alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment