Crock Pot French Dip
via Koa Hawks
via Koa Hawks
1 4lb boneless beef roast (I usually use less)
1/2 C soy (I use low sodium tamari)
1 beef bouillon cube (I omit this if smaller roast otherwise au jus is salty)
3 whole black peppercorns
1t dried thyme
1t dried rosemary, crushed
1t garlic powder
1 bay leaf
Remove and discard all visible fat from the roast. Place trimmed roast in the crock.
In medium bowl combine soy sauce, bouillon, bay leaf, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder. Pour mixture over roast, add enough water to almost cover the roast. Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours, or until meat is very tender.
Remove meat (and bay leaf) from broth, reserving broth. Shred meat with a fork and distribute on bread. Used reserved broth for dipping.
**Notes: It gets too salty using regular soy sauce, so a lower sodium option is a must. It was a little to "herby" for the masculine palate (at least the masculine palate in my house), so I'll make it again, but omitting the thyme, rosemary and bay leaf. (The feminine palate thought it was delicious!)
1/2 C soy (I use low sodium tamari)
1 beef bouillon cube (I omit this if smaller roast otherwise au jus is salty)
3 whole black peppercorns
1t dried thyme
1t dried rosemary, crushed
1t garlic powder
1 bay leaf
Remove and discard all visible fat from the roast. Place trimmed roast in the crock.
In medium bowl combine soy sauce, bouillon, bay leaf, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder. Pour mixture over roast, add enough water to almost cover the roast. Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours, or until meat is very tender.
Remove meat (and bay leaf) from broth, reserving broth. Shred meat with a fork and distribute on bread. Used reserved broth for dipping.
**Notes: It gets too salty using regular soy sauce, so a lower sodium option is a must. It was a little to "herby" for the masculine palate (at least the masculine palate in my house), so I'll make it again, but omitting the thyme, rosemary and bay leaf. (The feminine palate thought it was delicious!)
No comments:
Post a Comment