5/15/10

Chocolate Mousse

8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup heavy cream
5 medium-large eggs, separated
2 T sugar

Melt chocolate and cool slightly. Beat egg yolks till lemon colored. Add to the chocolate and blend well. Beat whites till stiff but not dry. Add 1/3 of whites to choc. mix. and fold; 1/3 more, fold; 1/3 more, fold. Whip cream and sweeten with sugar. Add about 3/4 of the whipped cream. Put into dessert glasses. Garnish with remaining whipped cream and refrigerate for several hours. Garnish with grated chocolate swirls (opt.)

Note: It's very difficult to have this turn out without some of the chocolate forming tiny clumps. I creates kind of little chocolate granuals. I know the trick is letting it cool just the right amount; not too much, not too little (so it cooks the egg), but I haven't been able to figure that out yet. If anyone does, please leave a comment and let me know! Even with the tiny chunks, it is still delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment